dell wireless 1390 on acer 3680

2 posts in this topic

ok, I got my gma950 issues sorted out but I just can't get this card to work. It's a dell 1390 wireless g mini pci express card. Under vista the vendor and HW ID is 14e4 and the ID is 4311, that seems to already be in the kext file that I was told to edit. I've even gone ahead and taped pin #20 to disable the hardware on/off switch, and still nothing. I know this is supposedly the same thing as an airport extreme card, but is there something specific to acers, like the yukon 88e8038? My ethernet won't work and i've accepted that, but I really need my wireless.

EDIT: its a acer 3680-2682

I have an Aspire 5672 and have been unable to get my wireless card recognized, both Intel and the Dell wifi. it seems that OSX is unable to detect and initialize the wireless cards on the PCI-Express bus in Acer model laptops. From what I can tell the Acer bios disables the card at boot and it's not detected by the OS without special help. After half a year of testing a bunch of methods (including tapeing pin 20) I just gave up. If you can find a way to do a 'soft' reboot (boot into OSX without shutting the laptop off or cycling the power) of your computer from a state where the wireless card is on and working then you should be able to get the card recognized and working.