Tubgirl boots -- hangs on Format

andytof47

2 posts in this topic

Hi there, finally got Tubgirls .10 version of the osx installer and it works...ish

After what seems like an eternity booting to the welcome screen on the installer I choose the disk utility and get ready to format my fat partition -- I would use the whole drive if it's easier but I digress, but I choose the fat32 partition and click erase, the warning comes up and then boom - it hangs

my rig is

Gigabyte Mobo ga 615 sme

nforce 4

athlon 4000

1gb ram

Should I be trying another install disk ??? or are there other suggestions that will fix this... please help.......

Also if this is helpful -- I have uphuck v1.2 universal but it just comes up with waiting for root device doesn't even make it to the apple logo

Sorry I don't have an answer for you, as I'm having the same issue, except I'm using mac.nub's release.

Here's what I've tried:

After clicking "erase" on my fat32 partition to format it to Journaled, it hangs. So I left it overnight and when I came back to it, the window where it shows all the partitions on the harddrive was only showing the drive as if it didn't have any partitions on it. Also, at the bottom of the screen under the "Erase" window I had a message that said something about a file or directory was not found. I should have written the error down. I'll give it another whirl and write it down. I should also note that after the error message appeared, I was able to interact with the menus and what not.

I also tried formatting the fat32 partition to fat32 (just to see what happened). After it hang, I came back to it a few hours later and there was an actual error dialog box that said the formatting failed. Again I didn't write it down so I don't remember exactly what it said. Perhaps I'll also give that another shot as well to see what it was. Again, I was able to interact with menus after I received this error.

I don't know if it matters, but I tried booting with -cpu=1 -s, but same thing.