Apple logo starts to piss me off

manus

6 posts in this topic

Hey there, as the title may tell you i dont like the apple logo anymore. Why? This is why:

First when i installed osx86, or sould i say, first 100 times. I got the bomfile error. I tryed changing cd/dvd, version, dvd player, updating firmware and so forth. I wasnt successful so i changed my mind and started to do it in Vmware instead. First time i wasnt sucessfull but then. Well, first i had a kernel error but i updated a patch and the errors gone. My problem now is that i can boot my osx in vmware, i arrive nice and smoothly into the apple experiense. But when i restart my pc, and the two options of windows and osx arrives and picked. I end up waiting for the apple logo/round loader to go away and start up my os, instead it just get stuck there(still spinning round thing) for ever.

Conclusion:

It works on vmware but not the real thing.

Thenx in advance.

Hey there, as the title may tell you i dont like the apple logo anymore. Why? This is why:

First when i installed osx86, or sould i say, first 100 times. I got the bomfile error. I tryed changing cd/dvd, version, dvd player, updating firmware and so forth. I wasnt successful so i changed my mind and started to do it in Vmware instead. First time i wasnt sucessfull but then. Well, first i had a kernel error but i updated a patch and the errors gone. My problem now is that i can boot my osx in vmware, i arrive nice and smoothly into the apple experiense. But when i restart my pc, and the two options of windows and osx arrives and picked. I end up waiting for the apple logo/round loader to go away and start up my os, instead it just get stuck there(still spinning round thing) for ever.

Conclusion:

It works on vmware but not the real thing.

Thenx in advance.

you're using the VMware dev version? if so you MUST be booting on an IDE drive... no SATA at this release

Hmm, dont really know what you mean there. I user vmware workstation witch is connected to me "real" harddrive. Sometimes when i boot up vmware these dumb kernel errors appear, just like before i applyed the patch. Maybe getting rid of those would help me in my main problem. I downloaded the cpu tool and it says something like: "SSE,SSE2,SSE3" And i installed the SSE3. Could a reinstallation and a change of SSE grant me sucess?

i'm trying to run 10.4.8 OS x86 on a DELL box. Like you i get stuck on the apple logo screen with the wonderful little time icon spinning round and round - only my problem is that about 20 seconds into it i get a fade out screen and then i'm prompted in four different languages to restart my computer. It tells me how to restart my computer (which really upsets me to know end because if you can't figure out how to do it then you don't belong on a computer... but that's another forum i'm sure).

So round and round i go restarting my computer and enjoying the apple logo screen over and over again. Is it possible to actually somehow use the OS?

any ideas?

mw

Hmm, dont really know what you mean there. I user vmware workstation witch is connected to me "real" harddrive. Sometimes when i boot up vmware these dumb kernel errors appear, just like before i applyed the patch. Maybe getting rid of those would help me in my main problem. I downloaded the cpu tool and it says something like: "SSE,SSE2,SSE3" And i installed the SSE3. Could a reinstallation and a change of SSE grant me sucess?

Well if you don't know... you have two choices:

1 - READ THE FORUM CAREFULLY, because you ask for something already explained (surely mbr related no?) and I am not going to seek on wich page it is for you. :(

2 - go buy a brand new iMac, wich is the best solution to get Leopard(already preinstalled) working like a charm ou of the box... If you're not a gamer freak you will never regret the money. :(