Windows Live Messenger in OSX Leopard?

Panoptic

1 post in this topic

Hey guys, thanks for all the help you've been on my last two OSX installs - I haven't posted anything while doing them, mainly because I didn't want to do the n00b thing and ask stupid questions (hopefully this won't fall into that category), plus you typically already had all the information I needed out there - I just needed to do some reading. Because of you, I've gotten Tiger and Leopard running perfectly on my box.

Anyway, while installing OSX Leopard, I saw someone who had posted pictures of their installation, and noticed they were using a version of MSN Messenger that looked like the Windows iteration. Well, I don't know about you, but I love WLM, however I find the Mac version of the program... well... truly horrendous looking, and I was wondering if anybody knows how I could hook that up.

I tried Adium, and while I like it better than the Mac version of MSN, I don't like it better than WLM. Just to get that out of the way. :)

Thanks folks.

[edit] Whoop, sorry wrong forum. Anyway, a friend of mine is helping me out with setting up WINE; apparently WLM version 8 works. I'll post back with my results.