Finally got Leopard working :-D

CBMaster

2 posts in this topic

After nearly five days, I finally got my configuration to work with Leopard.

-My three patched DVD's that I burned never booted. They would always hang so...

A: I made a spare partition and that helped A LOT! I recommend booting the installation from a partition than from DVD.

-IONetworkingFamily.kext was the cause of the crash

A: Replacing IONetworkingFamily.kext from 10.4.8 does the job. Try that :-)

After installation, I ran the post script and replaced IONetworkingFamily from 10.4.8 and sure enough I was greeted with a high res welcome vid with Exodus Honey by Honeycut playing in the background. Then I had a fully working Leopard :-)

So my tips to all of you:

- Be very patient. Good things come to those who wait. I almost cried when I found out that I could boot from a spare partition and do fixings there and boot faster than on a DVD. Luckily I didn't end up wasting DVDs... try the partition option. I recommend it!

- If Tiger worked for your system, then Leopard is guaranteed to as well. Some don't even have Tiger installed. I recommend testing your hack on Tiger before moving to Leopard. Plus, Tiger is where you need to config everything anyways.

- If something doesn't work, and there is no help on the forums, then put on your thinking caps.. that's what I did. Without any help from anyone except BrazilMac for the script I got this to work. I just thought what could be causing the error, used a bit of imagination to solve the problem, and it worked! When Leo kept crashing, I remembered the same thing when I ran 9a527.. IONetworkingFamily.kext... hell! So I did those tweaks and fair enough I have this retail Leo release working

If anyone needs help on something, PM me and I'll get back to you, just not during high school hours... (8 AM - 4 PM). But I'm sure you can solve it yourself :wacko: We all can.

Thanks to everyone who made Leopard run on our hack's the second Leopard was released. I also thank the ones who got the kernel decrypted for AMD users. I run on Intel but you did it by not having AMD users wait weeks for a kernel :-)