brazil prepatched and sse2 patch. what to do?

DanB91

9 posts in this topic

i have an sse2 computer, so i need to patch leopard for that. ive looked around the forums and it seems that i need an unpatched version of leopard, which i dont feel like downloading unless i must. can i patch the patched version of leopard, or could i "back up" my retail copy of leopard?

Download transmac.. open the patched dvd, delete mach_kernel from teh dvd and inject you sse2 patched kernel in dvd root..

wait so do i just copy the mach_kernel, lets just say from my legal copy of leopard. patch it and then put it into the brazildvd or must i d/l a new dvd?

no, assuming you already have the brazilmac single layer dvd. Just open the dvd image in transmac, it will show you the dvd contents with r/w access. Delete mac_kernel from its root and copy sse2 patched mach_kernel there.. No need of involving original dvd..

i was trying to patch the kernal (i used the one from my install dvd, b/c the the one from the brazil dvd was already patched) and i got an error saying its on the wrong cpu. i am patching it on a ppc mac. must it be patched on an x86 machine?

You must first take your original Leopard Disc Image and extract the mach_kernel from it (you can use TransMac for this) and set it to the side for right now... next take the Leopard Disc Image and patch it with BrazilMac's Patch (Can be found on the bay of pirates) then once that is done take the original mach_kernel you have and patch it with "581_AMD_Intel_SSE2_SSE3_Kernel_Patcher" (I found it on the Bay of Pirates) then with Transmac place your new AMD/Intel SSE3/SSE2 Compatible Kernel in the Leopard Disc image and your done! You should be able to install Leopard!

You must first take your original Leopard Disc Image and extract the mach_kernel from it (you can use TransMac for this) and set it to the side for right now... next take the Leopard Disc Image and patch it with BrazilMac's Patch (Can be found on the bay of pirates) then once that is done take the original mach_kernel you have and patch it with "581_AMD_Intel_SSE2_SSE3_Kernel_Patcher" (I found it on the Bay of Pirates) then with Transmac place your new AMD/Intel SSE3/SSE2 Compatible Kernel in the Leopard Disc image and your done! You should be able to install Leopard!

yes i got that down. but i have an ibook g4 (dont really feel like booting up my windows pc now) when i try to patch the kernel, it says wrong cpu. must i do this on my windows pc (x86) (and download terminal for windows) or can the patch work under ppc?

yes i got that down. but i have an ibook g4 (dont really feel like booting up my windows pc now) when i try to patch the kernel, it says wrong cpu. must i do this on my windows pc (x86) (and download terminal for windows) or can the patch work under ppc?

No the patches must be done on a Intel-Mac or a Hackintosh... ;) sry happened to me My College has G5's down in the Computer commons and they wouldn't work so I brought it up to the Intel-Mac Pros in the Mac Lab and it patched perfectly... If you don't have access to a Intel-Mac than I would suggest installing 10.4.10 on your PC first and patching it and everything on there...