Intel Core 2 Duo Mobile

2 posts in this topic

I have an Intel Core 2 Duo Mobile T5200 on my Toshiba laptop. I've heard that you need to use the CPUs=1 code when you boot up Os X. But all of the problems that I've heard of with the Core 2 mobiles I am not experiencing on my set up. Are there any other issues? Will it fry the MoBo, or cause my whole laptop to die completely? I'm currently running CoreDuo Temp and it says the Processor is running at 90 degrees C. It also says that it's running at 2.0ghz when it's only 1.6 so maybe it's not feeding me accurate info? The comp doesn't feel hot or anything, but I don't want to fry the MoBo or anything like that. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

It's unlikely that OS X will fry your laptop. Especially if you have installed CoreDuo temp. (That is the driver for speedstep, right). There is a driver for speedstep, if you haven't got it yet.

Many people need to use cpus=1 because they experience stuttering, however if your laptop works fine, just leave it!

As for the incorrect speed, that could be because the FSB isn't set correctly. It thinks it's 200, when it should be 166. If you edit com.apple.Boot.plist, there is an option to set fsb, you can set FSB=166