leopard and windows network

xeon4j

5 posts in this topic

hey guys i am having trouble trying to send files from my mac to my windows machine. my mac recognized the windows network and it logs me in as an administrator but when i try to copy files from my mac to windows share folder it tells me that i dont have the priviligies to transfer the file but i can transfer files from my windows to the mac with no problem.... any clues on why this is happening

i have it off. another thing is that i dont see my mac on my windows network.. but i am also thinking that the reason why i cant transfer files to my windows machine is because of my hard drive formant which is not fat32 but windos format...

The file system (NTFS or FAT32) won't cause you to not able to transfer files between mac and windows. On windows, you can type this line on CMD:

net use \\MacNetBiosName /USER:MacUserName

example:

net use \\MacPro /USER:Appleseed

net use \\192.168.1.105 /USER:Appleseed

This would allow you to see your mac on my network places.

You could also take a look at the permission setting on the shared folder. It's possible that you have them set as read but no write access.

ok i try it but is not working.... i can see my windows computer in the finder but i cant see my macbook on windows network. the internet and file sharing is working but i just cant share through windows.. any idea on how to fix this problem