fleisch

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

My System now works really great:

Asrock 775 Dual VSTA

Samsung SATA HDD

E6400 Core 2 Duo

Geforce 7900 GT full ci/qe/opengl

But...I experienced crashes when installing multiple apps at the same time while running other programs...

So afte some searching I installed Temperature Monitor and it showed the cpu temp being really high...67°C.

When rebooting and going into bios it shows a temp of only 45°C as it does when idle in Windows.

Why is the temp in mac os so high? I read that the E6400 stops at 70°C so that could explain the crashes right?

please help!

cheers

fleisch

boot a windows drive and use coretemp while running orthos or prime95, if its still hot replace your hsf with someting more beefy or reapply thermal paste and resit hsf after cleaning the old stuff off properly

Both my Core 2 Duo systems report incorrect temperatures under OS X. Most likely the chip isn't actually running that hot, it's just that the temperature reporting in OS X for hackint0sh hardware isn't very well developed and you're getting incorrect values. If you have a portable, make sure that you've removed the thermal .kexts so that the notebook's hardware is controlling the fan rather than OS X. That resulted in a 10 degree decrease in core temperature on my laptop. My desktop system runs fine under OS X even with the thermal .kexts installed with days and days of uptime and nary a problem.