What is the latest/best x86 release?

Delfire

5 posts in this topic

I've been on a hiatus for the OS X x86 scene and I think I'm getting rusty. I finally got some free time these days and want to get back to OSXx86. But I found out that JaS has left a while ago :yoji: , and I'm only somewhat familiar with the new name uphuck.

So in your opinion, what is the latest/best release right now? Who's responsible for the cracking?

I have a fully compatible cpu and motherboard and gfx, I just need to know which release to get (I currently have a 10.4.7 by JaS, very old now). So please do not link directly to the torrent/file, I just need the name and the creator.

Thank you guys so much, I'll be coming back to the forums more frequently now.

Much thanks to both of you.

I'll check out this mac.nub first since a lot of people are talking about it in this forum, but I'll also give this Kalyway a try.

Man, I think I'm still nostalgic for the days of releases of JaS and kernels of Semthex.

Edit: The descriptions in mac.nub's release are intriguing. I'm glad and thankful he followed the KISS principle, reminds me of the clean scene releases of XP by ETH0 and Vista by BIE. I'm remaining hopeful for mac.nub. Getting the release right now, good dl speeds.

. . as of the time of this post, the 'latest' release is the XxX 10.4.10 DVD [there is a PPF1 patch available & required].

Excellent install DVD & works very well indeed on this hackintosh. The author is working on a PPF2 for the few remaining issues.

. . . but in a few hours, you'll be able to read the first reports of installs [& of course issues & hassles] using mac.nub's 10.4.10 . . .