Leopard Audio Bug? Kernel Panic when changing sample rate

Deletedx

3 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone had this problem. When changing the sample rate in the audio midi utility or the card's drivers leopard instantly kernel panics. Worked fine in tiger.

I'm using a Focusrite Saffire firewire soundcard.

• 1 month later...

Yes, you are not alone. So far, the problem has surfaced with the Echo Audio Audiofire and with some Apogee firewire products, as well as Focusrite. Perhaps most users don't change sample rates frequently, so the problem has gone unnoticed or hasn't been reported often enough to get anyone's attention.

I opened a a case with Apple a month ago, right after discoving the problem with 10.5.x. I have sent multiple crash reports to the assigned 2nd level support representative, and still have gotten nothing but rumblings about how Apple doesn't think it's their problem, or engineering can't find anything wrong, or ... something. I suspect they took a cursory look, pointed a finger at either my Mac Pro configuration or possibly the application I use, and sent the issue to the bottom of the list.

If you haven't opened a case with Apple, do so. Work your way to 2nd level support (you need patience to hang on the phone on hold for a VERY long time), ask the rep for a copy of "Capture Data 8", and then send the support rep a crash report every time it happens just to keep them awake. Make sure they know you are not the only user suffering the slings and arrows of a buggy fireWire core audio in 10.5

Grant

• 1 year later...

I have a m-audio firewire 410 and I'm having issues since upgrading to snow leapord.

When I changing sample rates with Ableton the audio either slows down or speeds up inconsistently regardless of which sample rate I choose. This never happened with previous OS. The .wav render also comes out at different speeds if rendering to a different sample rate. Once again this has never happened. Any thoughts?