Leopard Manual Installation in Testing Stages

Conroe Mac

7 posts in this topic

The first guide to installing Leopard manually has appeared. The process is still in the testing stages, but it's likely that a patch will appear soon. The newest kernel, 581, is being used. I would not attempt the guide unless you are familiar with unix and have the time/space for playing with an early unproven installation method. If you are installing for the first time or are not sure if you can tackle the manual installation project, please wait until the patch is released instead of pestering people testing the method. You can attempt the guide or follow the progress at this thread:

http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2008

The installation requires a 10.5 disc, a set of files (which are being adjusted as the installation is tested), and a dvd or hd partition to hold the installer.

It won't be long now. God forbid the hackintosh community might have to wait as long as normal Apple users do. =)

Please do not contact me about the guide. I have not tried it, nor can I offer advice about it.

This is what I understand as I mindlessly repeat what others have said. The DVD is coming tomorrow. Most likely that will have all the previous hack goodies on it. I'm sure there will be bugs to work out, but I posted this early thread to show people what is happening. It is cracked and things are happening fast. Natit is apparently working and I have heard of SSE2 working. I will update this info when I gather more info. Keep in mind that people have been hacking leopard throughout its beta stages so hopefully this will go quickly.

The process is still in the testing stages, but it's likely that a patch will appear soon. The newest kernel, 581, is being used.

Maybe You know where to find that kernel? I wanna try it on my PC.

We will see if the DVD drops today. That's the rumor that's been going around, but I still see people working on a patch. If a DVD doesn't come today, I will probably attempt this patch method and report for the benefit of the insanelymac curious.