Linux inside OSX

7 posts in this topic

Ok I Have OSX running 95% on my Toshiba A135-4487 the wireless card is the only thing that doesn't work. I was wondering if I ran like Vmware (or some other Virtual Machine) and run linux Ubuntu could I use my wireless card with that? I have Intel 3495ABG wireless card. I'm just trying to figure out away to use my wireless card.

No you can't, some that you can pass are USB devices to the virtual machine, but AFAIK no PCI or other ports, even Physical disks are passed to a emulated disk controller.

Check the Intel Wireless thread on Hardware forum, there is an effort to get 3945ABG working

No you can't, some that you can pass are USB devices to the virtual machine, but AFAIK no PCI or other ports, even Physical disks are passed to a emulated disk controller.

Check the Intel Wireless thread on Hardware forum, there is an effort to get 3945ABG working

Thank you for the quick reply. I'll check out that forum!

Thank you for the quick reply. I'll check out that forum!

That Thread is only focusing its attention to ABG 2200. Not ABG3945.

You'll have to wait a heck of a time if they do manage to make ABG3945 work

That Thread is only focusing its attention to ABG 2200. Not ABG3945.

You'll have to wait a heck of a time if they do manage to make ABG3945 work

Please do not mis-inform people, read before at least the lastest posts

Even the Title says: Intel PRO/Wireless 2100/2200/3945/4965 Driver for Mac OS X86

Since post 3051 there is a new approach to develop the driver: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=474524.

jalavoui is doing a great work, and don't deserve this.

Please do not mis-inform people, read before at least the lastest posts

Even the Title says: Intel PRO/Wireless 2100/2200/3945/4965 Driver for Mac OS X86

Since post 3051 there is a new approach to develop the driver: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=474524.

jalavoui is doing a great work, and don't deserve this.

Macgirl,

I know and appreciate jalavoui's work. It's awesome, but in fact, the only 90% working driver is ABG 2200 - and I think I read that it does not yet support secure wireless, with password.

And it is a fact that ABG2200 has been the main aim on this project. Other ABG protocols were left to a later date.

And I've been trying the latest ABG3945 drivers from that thread since January. In the beginning, I've had kernel panics, then there was a very stable release that could detect some networks, but not yet a functioning release like the ABG2200 one.

Maybe they are very near completion of the driver. that would be great, but it is a fact that, to this date, ABG3495 doesn't work yet on OSX. I whish it would. I truly do.

Don't be mad with me, please... :(

I'm not mad at you. I also hope that the driver will work soon.

Anyway I have problems with this card on Vista and Linux also, so maybe a better option is change the card for an Airport compatible one, there are some Dell (Broadcom) and Apple Airport (Atheros) cards as possible substitution.