Can You fix Fuzzy Text?

ericchen0121

7 posts in this topic

I have Jas 10.4.8 updated to 10.4.9.

I also have: Q6600. Bad Axe 2. nVidia 7900GS with 256 RAM with working QE/CI. I'm also using DVI-D connection to a KDS 22" monitor. 

This is my problem:

In Shake and a few other apps, the text in boxes within the window seem to be 'fuzzy'-- see the pic below. The text on top is all good, and then the text for the Viewer window is v

ry hard to see. 

Solution: ?

Any help here?

-Eric

post-141030-1193242202_thumb.png

Try a different DVI cable, different monitor, and maybe different graphics card. One of these may be the problem. Fuzziness in these ways would not be seen on my monitor looking at your screenshot.

Also, it could be due to font smoothing in software. Try tinkertool.app to edit those settings.

Ok. So,

"Shake/FIle/Edit/Tools/Viewers/Render" and "-Proxy Scale : 1.00 - Shake v4.10.0606" both look good to me.

One layer down, on the left in the screenshot, it says "Viewer1: 1.0:1 0x0". THIS is the text that I am referring to. It has this white border or white edge to it that makes it very difficult to read. And it's not only in Shake, it's also in other programs I use, such as Final Cut Pro.

I will try some of the suggestions here when I get a chance.

Attached is a better image to compare my text to another text on someone else's Shake program: 

The text on my Shake window says "Viewer8: 1:1.00 OVer2@504 RGBA 8bit 720x640". This is the text that has white pixels which make the window text very difficult to read. 

Below that is a capture of another person's copy of Shake. His window reads "Viewer1: 1:2.1 Resize2@685 RGB 8bit 1900x900".

As you can see, my text seems more washed out from random white pixels around my text. This happens in numerous programs on the Title Bar.

Does anybody know what's going on here? Is it refresh rate?

post-141030-1193358283_thumb.png