Custom install DVD 10.4 or 10.5

Catevs

5 posts in this topic

I'm little bit curious. Leo GM is beein seeded on torrents so soon I'll have a coppy. I wan to build my own custom install to suport all of my hardware. What tools do I need to do that? How to patch original Apple Instal DVD? My specs are in my signature.

You would need to download the patch, get the DVD(or copy, torrent). Then you would dump the DVD into a sparce disk image. From there you can edit all the files. Then you would convert it back to a .DMG and apply the patch.

cool thread....so make a sparse image..thats cool...so next dump the contents of the DVD THE GM...so u can Add drivers to this also? i dont know about that one? ok so lets say that goes through and you turn it into a DMG..i dont thik its gonna be a bootable dvd....

Then again if it did...u run the patch application in what ? I suppose you would run the patch in the terminal will these patches work perhaps on the New Leopard when u get a good copy from Apple.

1. I would like it to be as close as possible as it can be myself..The ASRock 4CoreDual-SATA2

VIA® PT880 Pro/PT880 Ultra Chipsets

the first 2 builds im trying to get up and running is with Pentium D 920 2.8 Ghz

3rd build is the Quad Q6600

2. Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 2600 XT 256MB DDR3 PCI-E Dual on all 3 builds

3. I get to the Getting Started With Tiger With audio but no Video....

So any hints how to rig it up and make it werk?

Everything looks good when i take it out and pop the THE HD on a USB Adapter to my G5 and yes im using both platforms.

Peace & Love...Why Doesnt Microsoft Just make there own Version Of Apples BootCamp They Copied everything else so why just Stop at the recycle bin :-)

2. Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 2600 XT 256MB DDR3 PCI-E Dual on all 3 builds

3. I get to the Getting Started With Tiger With audio but no Video....

So any hints how to rig it up and make it werk?

Download .zip in my signature for drivers and install that. Only problem is that U must hotplug monitor and only works width DIV2VGA adapter for now