Help gray apple screen after instally

dragracekid

9 posts in this topic

well i installed everything and everything seemed to install fine i tried it once with disk check and one without both times when i install it and when it restarts it goes to the gray log screen that has the apple in the middle and a spining wheel thing at the bottem and well it stays there for ever and stops after about 3 minutes and wont go away and sometimes after about 20 mins it shuts down and when i restart it just does it again any suggestions???

Try Using the Pin-Trick (that's if youre on a laptop)Tell me if you're on a laptopIf you're on a laptop then please post back??

Is your laptop an AMD? Are you using the uphuck DVD? Did you select the 10.4.8 Security patch? That worked for me. I'm typing on my computer that was suffering from the grey screen problem yesterday.

What is the hang up when you boot with -v (verbose) option?

ok i tried to use uphuck but when i mount it and run it it goes to the gray screen and never boots i tried it in a vm and it works good but when i try to install it on my external hard drive (cuz it cant find my normal one if there is a way to find it that would be great) it cant find it cuz the vm doesnt suport usb drives so is there anything i can do?