'Delete' key in Wireless Aluminium Keyboard?

6 posts in this topic

When using the Apple Wireless (Aluminium) keyboard; once USB power is supplied to the Bluetooth dongle & through POST the 'Tab' key [to see POST messages] & 'F8' key [to get into boot-options menus] work fine . . . but I do not know & have not been able to find out what the conventional full-keyboard 'delete' key [to get into the BIOS] has been mapped to.

Anyone have an answer?

BTW: have tried the obvious: Fn+backspace; Ctrl+backspace; Alt+backspace; Cmd+backspace . . & this Apple support doc does not appear to have an answer.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
I was also wondering that..... any solution for that so far?

Thanks, Mike

I have the same problem with a Gigabyte motherboard BIOS that wants a DEL key to enter the BIOS settings. I am using a compact wired Aluminum Apple keyboard. I can press F12 fine to get to the startup device selection menu, but the Apple keyboard does not know how to generate the traditional DEL key to enter BIOS settings. Any help? I hate keeping a cheap USB Windows keyboard just to enter BIOS settings!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
Same problem here... anyone find a solution? Very annoying to have to keep the old Logitech USB keyboard to enter BIOS

Bump

I am using 10.6.6 on an abit ip35 pro mother board with a q6600 processor. The bluetooth keyboard and trackpad work great. I can even enter post. But i can't get to my bios settings, since the delete key is backspace in windows. Wondering if anyone had a working solution to this.

Thank uyou.

Same problem here... anyone find a solution? Very annoying to have to keep the old Logitech USB keyboard to enter BIOS

Bump

I am using 10.6.6 on an abit ip35 pro mother board with a q6600 processor. The bluetooth keyboard and trackpad work great. I can even enter post. But i can't get to my bios settings, since the delete key is backspace in windows. Wondering if anyone had a working solution to this.

Thank uyou.