Updating from 10.4.7 to 10.4.10 ? which one?

manmal

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

i have an hard drive with 10.4.7 (jas, old kernel from maxxuss, and so on) and a lot of softw installed and ready to use , and for now i would avoid a fresh install and i would like to update it to the latest 10.4.10 . Is it possible ? What's the procedure ? Do you suggest me to update directly using PascalW or koolkal update (for sse3 intel) or to pass through 10.4.8, then 10.4.9, 10.4.10? Which are the extensions you suggest me to backup in case something will go wrong and want to go back to a "bootable" system safely?

My system is a pc with asrock conroe945G-DVI + e6600 + 2 gb ram ddr2-533 and i am using the default intel 950 integrated graphics + dvi adapter (dual screen working!)

Thanks!

Mal

I tried koolkal but i can't boot any more now. It stucks at blue screen ... i guess it's the ich8 i checked or azalia audio or rtl1000 since i see both screen with blue color running and the circle spinning forever ...

If anyone has any clue of what's happened plz let me know.

Thanks.

...after a few hours fighting , i decided to install everything from scratch ; in less than an hour i installed OS all the applications i needed . It works like a charm now with 10.4.10 xxx against almost 3 hours trying to fix the old installation!

Sometimes install from scratch is the easiest and quickest solution . B)

Mal