Usage expectations

Zombies

2 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I've been searching through the forums and the Wiki for some time and haven't really come up with an answer to my main OSX86 question...most posts seem to discuss very specific individual issues.

Assuming that I follow the collective advice on these forums and select compatible hardware, and follow the installation guides correctly, how much can I reasonably expect out of an OSX86 machine? Will it perform as an actual OSX machine, or are there going to be issues (in a best case scenario, or a likely scenario)? I ask as I am leaning very heavily towards building one as my new machine, and am hopeful that I can replace my current G5 with PC hardware.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Well, I must say that I use OSX day-to-day on both my laptop and desktop--its my ONLY OS on my laptop, and dual-booting with XP on the desktop--only because Steam doesn't work under MacOS :thumbsdown_anim:

You will not be able to run the famed BootCamp under a non-genuine Mac--but then again, you can run it natively because you are on a PC.

Everything is very stable overall for me, on both PC's. I would say go for it--but make sure that it would suffice as a Windows machine as well for the sake of a failsafe.