installation prob intel dp35dp mobo

thatriad

5 posts in this topic

hello everybody. I am trying to install Kalyway 10.4.10 on my 750GB Seagate on the Sata port. I have an Intel DP35dp mobo and have tried all of the different drive configurations. i cant find the disk in the disk utilities after I have booted from my usb Liteon drive. Right now my hard drives are set to native, AHCI (tried ide), s.m.a.r.t enabled (i tried without), i tried -v boot. Nothing works should I update the bios on my MOBO????

I've finally been able to see the hard drive with different install disks. Not one of them have been able to boot off of the hard drive after installation. I have tried Uphuck 10.4.9, XXX 10.9.10, and kalyway. it doesnt give me any error, my bios just doesnt see any boot record???

I have same problems with different distributions. The install goes fine until first reboot. There is no system disk, after reboot. I did clean install format and partition with disk utility. On my older PC JAS 10.4.8 works fine with several patches.

anyone....

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same mobo and the only way to install os x is having SATA HD and DVD player. In the BIOS you set your HD to AHCI mode, not IDE or RAID, it won't recognize boot after install.

My computer works just perfect, only LAN driver is missing and internal sound... I just bought a USB Lan adaptor and I have my external USB soundcard and I can't complain at all, everything is working great.

Just let me know if you need any help...

tnx, I need sata dvd - going to store

I have the same mobo and the only way to install os x is having SATA HD and DVD player. In the BIOS you set your HD to AHCI mode, not IDE or RAID, it won't recognize boot after install.

My computer works just perfect, only LAN driver is missing and internal sound... I just bought a USB Lan adaptor and I have my external USB soundcard and I can't complain at all, everything is working great.

Just let me know if you need any help...