Help! Which Version to install?

scott318

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys - I have a quick question - If I were to HYPOTHETICALLY go to my fave site with a big brown boat on it, which version of OS X would I hypothetically have the least issues installing on my pc with specs as follows:

ASUS P5k Deluxe/WiFi AP

Core 2 Duo E6850

Nvidia 8800gtx

2gb ddr 1066

1x 160GB Raptor (for the curious, its an OEM only model)

1x 500GB Caviar

Any help from anybody who has/knows about compatibility with this setup is greatly appreciated.

Thanks InsanelyMac Community!-Scott

EDIT: I just realized, I should add that Kalyway 10.4.10 gave me many issues - I recieved b0 errors, and the one time it did install Sys Prefs refused to load.Also - Will installing VMWare->Native Route solve these issues? If so, I'd love to use this version!

I have a Gigabyte P35-DQ6 and I couldn't get Kalyway to boot to install. I have had success with XxX 10.4.10 (I'm running this one now) and with JAS 10.4.8 upgraded with Koolkal's 10.4.10. There is a lively PK5 thread - search for Asus - to see about all the little things (sound, lan, etc.). You'll also need to look at the 8800 install thread to get that working regardless of which install you try.

SMF

XXX version 10.4.10 then install use the drivers by mr mac.nub see my sig for spec, Would also suggest keeping a spare older pci-e on the side incase have to use that to get into installation after boots to install mac.nub 8800 drivers.

I just did this ... :)