XxX 10.4.10

clkvang

10 posts in this topic

Ok, so I got wifi working on the bad axe 2 board with this installer. Had to replace the NetworkInterface.plist file with a working one and reinstalled 80211xxx.kext and ionetworking.kext to make it work. With all that done, I think this version is the fastest out of all the versions. I've tried the Jas 10.4.8, Uphuck 1.3, Uphuck 1.4 r3, and Kalyway. Had problems with Kalyway. Anyways, I thought Uphuck 1.3 was the most stable, but now I think XxX is. Apps are running faster than on the Uphuck versions and there's less lag between opening programs. Maybe just subjective, but this installer rocks. If only Wifi would work out of the box then it'd be freakin awesome. :P

Cha

I agree. XxX is awesome. Can you please give us a few details?

What wifi card did you get working?

What version of NetworkInterface.plist did you use?

What version of 80211xxx.kext did you use?

What version of ionetworking.kext did you use?

All the files were from Uphuck's 1.4 r3 release. My wifi card is a WG311T. I installed a working copy of 1.4r3 and copied the ionetworkingxxx package, 80211xxx package, and networkinterfaces.plsit into an external drive. Then installed XXX. After XXX completed, I had no working Airport. So ran the two installation packages, went into /Library/Preferences/System Configuration/ and replaced the networkinterfaces.plist. Ran Disk Utility to repair permissions. Restarted. Then had to go into Network in Sys Pref. and set up Airport card. It was finally detected, but not configured so I ran that and once it finished, had wifi working. Hope this helps.

I agree. XxX is awesome. Can you please give us a few details?

What wifi card did you get working?

What version of NetworkInterface.plist did you use?

What version of 80211xxx.kext did you use?

What version of ionetworking.kext did you use?

I got my wifi working in XxX's i have a brcm 4318. I backed up my kext from a previous version that i had wifi working in then i just replaced it rebooted repaired disk perm.s but it was being detected as ethernet so i edited the NetworkInterfaces.plist and changed one of the values to a one and it worked!

Hi,

I am using the XXX version, and managed to get it all near perfect, Except my WG121 Netgear USB adapter, I will be VERY VERY grateful if someone can point me to a driver, or the like, to get it working, or at least tell me the chipset so i can try find...

Any of the above details or drivers would be superb...

:rolleyes:

Hey Stelee,

Have you done a search for it. I know sometimes the search results aren't what you're looking for, but wade through them and you're bound to find an answer. I don't use the WG121, but if it's on the HCL then all you need to do is install an earlier version of OSX86, back up the networkinterfaces.plist, 80211xxx.kext, and ionetworkingxxx.kext. Install XxX and replace the files accordingly. If you're lucky like Vcab01, then you just need to replace the networkinterfaces.plist file and not the other two, or try changing en1>en0 or en2 > en1 in the networkinterfaces.plist file.

what's wrong with the dvd ? i burned it in Nero, showed me "successfully"

But when i boot the system with the dvd, ....through some " check" messages....and stoped at " still waiting for the root.." and naver go through......

i even couldn't get installation interface...

I am using : P35-DS3R board with Intel Q6600...

But, JaS 10.4.8 can be installed very smooth without any problems...( But unfortunately, i can not solve the audio and Lan issues.), The point is at least, the DVD installing with no problem at all.....

what's wrong with is one ?

Hi,

I am using the XXX version, and managed to get it all near perfect, Except my WG121 Netgear USB adapter, I will be VERY VERY grateful if someone can point me to a driver, or the like, to get it working, or at least tell me the chipset so i can try find...

Any of the above details or drivers would be superb...

:)

This project/program may be able to help you... I think you need to get some info from WinXP. Installation instructions can be found here, tho they don't go into specifics on the site so you'll have to find out for yourself :)... Don't know if it'll be any use for your specific adapter tho.

Hope it works,

3phemeral

Would this install work on a Acer Aspire 5100 laptop? I've tried a few and none worked so far... They either didnt detect my HDD or they corrupted my MBR...
You say either, implying that your HDD has been detected previously. A corrupted MBR tends to be quite easily fixable for WinXP - don't know for Vista. 

Alternatively to fixing your MBR you can prevent it becoming corrupted in the first place. If you have a LiveCD for a Linux distribution, such as Ubuntu, you can use a partition management program such as GParted to set the flags for your windows partition to 'hidden' and not 'boot' from the LiveCD, then install OSX and then use the LiveCD again to unhide and set the 'boot' flag for your Windows partition again... This has worked for me in the past... When you boot up again after unhiding the Windows partition, it will simply boot windows, at which point you can use one of the myriad ways to dual boot XP/OSX. Don't ask me how to dual boot these tho, i've always used Ubuntu's Grub [boot manager] to triple/quad boot ;)