Installation on a dv6000 series laptop

bengalih

4 posts in this topic

Hi all.

I am trying to install uphuck_10.4.9_v1.4i_r3 to my new hp dv6500t Intel based laptop, with the following basic specs:

- Intel® Core 2 Duo processor T7500 (2.20 GHz, 4 MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB)

- 2GB RAM

- 160 GB SATA drive

- 128MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

- Intel® PRO/Wireless 4965AGN Network Connection and Bluetooth

The installation starts just fine, but when I am prompted to choose an installation location, no sources are displayed. If I launch Disk Utility all that is shown is my CD/DVD drive. It appears that my SATA drive is not being detected at all (System Profiler also seems to say as such).

My problem is that there seem to be a few threads where people have got this running on dv6000-9000 series laptops, so I'm unsure as to where this leaves me.

Do I have any other options on how to run osx86 on this machine? Is there a way for me to add SATA support for my chipset? I am pretty sure it is the Intel ICH8 chipset on this model. Are there plans in the near future to support this?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

I'm having similar problems. I have a dv6338se though. Like you, when I try to choose a location I get nothing, and when I go to Utilities then to Disk Utility all I get is my CD/DVD drive. I really want to get Mac to run on my laptop. Oh well. I'm sorry this isn't any help, I just wanted to state incase you find a solution from somewhere else that could possibly solve my problems. So far I have tried JaS Mac OS X 10.4.8 Installation DVD and uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3 Installation DVD, I can't try the one you did because my HP Pavillion is an AMD.

Hope someone is able to help us, or atleast you.

Hi all.

I am trying to install uphuck_10.4.9_v1.4i_r3 to my new hp dv6500t Intel based laptop, with the following basic specs:

- Intel® Core 2 Duo processor T7500 (2.20 GHz, 4 MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB)

- 2GB RAM

- 160 GB SATA drive

- 128MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

- Intel® PRO/Wireless 4965AGN Network Connection and Bluetooth

The installation starts just fine, but when I am prompted to choose an installation location, no sources are displayed. If I launch Disk Utility all that is shown is my CD/DVD drive. It appears that my SATA drive is not being detected at all (System Profiler also seems to say as such).

My problem is that there seem to be a few threads where people have got this running on dv6000-9000 series laptops, so I'm unsure as to where this leaves me.

Do I have any other options on how to run osx86 on this machine? Is there a way for me to add SATA support for my chipset? I am pretty sure it is the Intel ICH8 chipset on this model. Are there plans in the near future to support this?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

At the risk of belaboring the obvious, there are several different issues stirring in the same pot:

1) As has been pointed out before, there is really no such thing as a "HP 6000/9000" laptop.

There are some with Intel chipsets and some with AMD, and although I'm sure HP has SOME scheme to the numbering, it is not obvious to the uninitiated.

In general, the Intel-based machines are more like the models that Apple ships (at the chipset level) & the AMD-based machines are much more difficult wrt OSX86.

2) Now, as time marches on, HP is shipping new models based on the Intel 965/ICH8 chipset with model numbers in the same range. The '965 chipset is problematic for OSX86 on both laptops and desktops, with few successes. LOTS of threads on this subject. The DV6500t is one of these newer laptops.

Sooo: the pretty good thread at <http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=41447&hl=> may provide some help, but you've almost got to read every post to see if anything is relevant to your particular model & issue.

You may also find it useful to find a copy of the excellent Windows utility "Everest" by Lavalys to find out just what chips (for example: SATA controller) are in your particular machine & then search for solutions based on that info....not just on HP machines.

G :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Laptop DV9230US 1.66 GHz Core2Duo 2GB DDR2 RAM F27 BIOS w/Bluedragon1971 whitelist patch to allow booting with non-stock mini-PCIE wireless card

2X 250GB (2X 233GB Formatted) WD SATA WD2500BEVS Hard Drives (run quiet and cool)

Dell 1490 (Broadcom) mini-PCIE Wireless

Vista Ultimate on first HDD, formatted NTFS

OSX86 10.4.10 (Uphuck 10.4.9 1.4ir3 followed by KoolKal 10.4.10 updater) on second HDD, formatted HFS+ & MBR

Darwin Kernel 8.10.1: Wed May 23 16:33:00 PDT 2007; Sochi2014:VoteForUs/RELEASE_I386

EasyBCD BootLoader

XBench 1.3: 109.19

Working in OSX: Sleep; Dual widescreen monitors (Internal @ 1440 by 900 & external Dell 2405FPW 24" LCD DVI @ 1920 by 1200) both w/QE/CI/Rotation, iLife08, iWork08, Built-in speakers, Camera/PhotoBooth, Sonix WebCam Monitor, Wireless

Not working in OSX: Sound in/out other than built-in speakers (Conexant), card reader

i have a dv6000 series and all i did was go into bios setup and change something on legacy ide / sata support. i forgot exactly what it was called. but yeah do something with that and hopefully you won't have the problem again.