Mac Os On SONY VAIO

kurmiic

4 posts in this topic

Hello. First I want to send greetings to all people who read this. Thanks for taking your time. I appreciate it.

Now let's get down to business ;)

I have a sony VAIO laptop (see specs below).

And recently i got interested in installing Mac Os on my laptop .... All my friends said - It is not possible... but after acquiring an image of XxX Tiger 10.4.10 i found out that indeed it is really possible. And besides i did it on an external hard drive because i do not want to lose anything from my main hard drive until i definetly make sure that mac os is reliable enough to be my main platform. Of course i ran into some problems.

I still can't figure out three things:

1. What driver substitutes to use for my Nvidia GeForce 8400 GT graphics card.(It is a laptop graphics card so i guess it could use the mobility drivers but i am not sure after reading in nvidia 8xxx thread that these cards are not really supported right now :( )

2. What drivers to try for my Sigmatel Sound Card. Jeez - i can't find any more details for the card itself. Only thing i know- it uses Sound Reality Audio Drivers for Windows...

3. The most important is the ethernet and network driver. You can look below for the devices i have and maybe you could just advise me what substitutes i could try to use...

I use M-Audio Fast Track Pro usb sound card and it works flawless right now... my goal is to use Macos strictly for Logic 8 so i would be really glad if you guyz would help me out a bit.

Also i want to try Kalyway Installation DVD and as i can see from the forums dedicated to this version - it has some patches to apply because the original version had some bugs... so if it is not too much trouble maybe you could tell me what patches would be necessary to use and when - before or after the install.

Anyway In conclusion i am so glad these things with MacOs and PC are becoming possible and to be honest i think in few years we could see actual official release of mac os leopard for the pc platform... i think there is a reason apple switched to intel cpu's .... and if that happens i think it would mean if not death, then at least major falls of sales for windows OS .... macos and PC - The most powerful thing EVER :):D:D:dance_24:

Hello. First I want to send greetings to all people who read this. Thanks for taking your time. I appreciate it.

Now let's get down to business ;)

I have a sony VAIO laptop (see specs below).

And recently i got interested in installing Mac Os on my laptop .... All my friends said - It is not possible... but after acquiring an image of XxX Tiger 10.4.10 i found out that indeed it is really possible. And besides i did it on an external hard drive because i do not want to lose anything from my main hard drive until i definetly make sure that mac os is reliable enough to be my main platform. Of course i ran into some problems.

I still can't figure out three things:

1. What driver substitutes to use for my Nvidia GeForce 8400 GT graphics card.(It is a laptop graphics card so i guess it could use the mobility drivers but i am not sure after reading in nvidia 8xxx thread that these cards are not really supported right now :P )

2. What drivers to try for my Sigmatel Sound Card. Jeez - i can't find any more details for the card itself. Only thing i know- it uses Sound Reality Audio Drivers for Windows...

3. The most important is the ethernet and network driver. You can look below for the devices i have and maybe you could just advise me what substitutes i could try to use...

I use M-Audio Fast Track Pro usb sound card and it works flawless right now... my goal is to use Macos strictly for Logic 8 so i would be really glad if you guyz would help me out a bit.

Also i want to try Kalyway Installation DVD and as i can see from the forums dedicated to this version - it has some patches to apply because the original version had some bugs... so if it is not too much trouble maybe you could tell me what patches would be necessary to use and when - before or after the install.

Anyway In conclusion i am so glad these things with MacOs and PC are becoming possible and to be honest i think in few years we could see actual official release of mac os leopard for the pc platform... i think there is a reason apple switched to intel cpu's .... and if that happens i think it would mean if not death, then at least major falls of sales for windows OS .... macos and PC - The most powerful thing EVER :):D:D:D

Hey,

I've been trying to install Mac x86 on my VAIO since 10.6.xx and no luck w/ sound + wireless netw.

Everything else works. Now, some cool developers are really trying but so far nothing!

So, if someone finds the holly grial please let us know!!

Thanks

it is good to find out that i am not the only one having problems...

I could try to figure out how to configure the graphics only i need to at least have a hint .... so if any developers or just people who know stuff bout nvidia please help me out....

I did find a solution for the ethernet card.

I know that there isn't a solution for the wireless card yet :mellow: so i guess i need to figure it out by myself or somebody could help me out as well :)

sound is not working as well :gun: (i have an external usb soundcard so i kinda don't have a problem with that )

anyway guyz please - i need a little bit help on this graphics card thing .... please guyz .... anyone ...