Critique my Parts List ? Think Ive covered everything

4 posts in this topic

HI all,this will be my second hackintosh though my first didnt get much use as the power just wasnt there compared to my PC. If theres any obvious gotchas (i'm dubious about the graphics card) could you point them out before I build it. (Parts held up by postal strike) Anyway here it is

Intel D975XBX2 Motherboard

2x 1GB Crucial Ballistix RAM

E6600 Conroe 2.4 ghz Core2Duo

Zalman 9500 HSFThermaltake

680W Purepower PSU

Coolermaster Wave Master case

Asus EAX1950 Pro PCI-E 256MB Video Card

Installation Jas 10.4.7 (same as I used for my last one, anything missing?

OS updates need to download additionally? So many options I dont know which i'll need.

I'm currently downloading kalyway 10.4.10, what is peoples experiences of this with regard to similar hardware to mine

I would perhaps rather go for a nvidia 256mb 7-series card, otherwise everything looks fine. if you're happy with it.

If you can, rather download a new version of OS X than update 10.4.7 Anything newer than 10.4.8. Uphuck, JAS, kalyway, whatever.

Yeah I thought that but I'll see how I get on with the ATI, I want this box for windows gaming as well and the 7900 gs isnt as good but if I have to get one I will. DOes anyone use this Video card successfully?

i think most people who use ati have the 1950XT version... or the 1650 ones.... thers also some support for the new 2600 card.. but ati drivers suck with osx / with windows and with linux / i suggest u try the 7950GT or the 7900GT/GS overclocked bfg or evga ones. preferbly 256mb OR u can try the 8800 support / plug/unplug method. thers also a new easy installer now... and the kalyway dvd is the one which alot of people r getting these days.. i dont think u should have any issues with it. im sorta in the same situation as u... lol thinkin weather to get the 8800/7950gt or the 7900 / thers also a solid deal goin on the new 2900pro.. too bad ati has poor osx support.