Any luck with OSX86 sleep?

amdmatt

4 posts in this topic

i have an acer 5610 with a core duo t2350 processor

everything is working great in osx86 the only think that bothers me tho is that sleep doesnt work.. i remember there was a WIP thread about it.. any updates on it?

im running uphuck 1.4i 10.4.9 and im pretty sure it automatically installed an insomiax patch cause the lid doesnt do anything.. but when i select sleep from the apple menu the screen goes black but doesnt come back up.. i have to hold down the power button to turn the comp off and restart.

thanks!

bump

please?

Im not quiet sure but macs have a totally different way of waking up that i have already tried. On my mac book you have to hit the space bar to wake it up, there must be some sort of programmed hot key in the apple firmware which our pcs dont have.

we have the same aspire

Sleep is a complicated thing - you have to bring power to components of a system in such a way so as to maintain stability, re-initialize some, etc. Macs know the hardware they are dealing with, so can code specifically for the actions/timing/order required.

Your PC has none of this. AFAIK, sleep will remain elusive to the Hackintosh world...

Patrick