/com.apple.boot.plist

macCerr

18 posts in this topic

Hey, I have uphucks version and it installed perfectly on one of my systems. Then I took it to another system and using the same dvd drive, I get this error when I try to boot from the disk: "system config file '/com.apple.boot.plist not found"

I pulled out the hard drive from my first sytem and plugged it into my second to see if os x would run and I got that same error.

The system I am having trouble with has: Asus P5B, 2gb pc6400 ram, and core 2 duo e6400. The computer that it is working on is kinda old and I don't really know the specs.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Shawn.

The install disk is what's giving me this error.

is it set in your BIOS to boot from cd/dvd if so you should get a screen that says "Press any key to Install Mac OS X" or press F8 For boot options..[8]...[7]...[6]...[5]...[4]...[3]...[2]...[1]... then if you didnt install it would say Error com.apple.boot.plist not found

Ya, my boot priorities are set right. When my dvd drive tries to read the disk I get this error. It's kinda failing to read the disk. But when I use the same disk in the same drive on another system it works perfectly. I also think it could have something to do with my bios but I have no idea what. Or maybe it could be something else. I don't know.

Ya, my boot priorities are set right. When my dvd drive tries to read the disk I get this error. It's kinda failing to read the disk. But when I use the same disk in the same drive on another system it works perfectly. I also think it could have something to do with my bios but I have no idea what. Or maybe it could be something else. I don't know.

im sorry i wish i could help you more but im new to this as well

I have the same problem and have the following configuration.

Intel E2140

Intel DG965SS (G965 north bridge + ICH8 south bridge + Marvell IDE controller)

Transcend DDR2 800 1G x 2

Pioneer DVD Writer (connected to Marvell IDE controller)

I have this problem before I purchase a SATA2 Harddisk, I used to try installing MacOS on a SCSI Harddisk with

Adaptec 2940UW Controller but get the same result.

I suspect it is related to either the DVD doesn't have driver for Marvell IDE or ICH8 south bridge.

Especially I set the BIOS to AHCI at the SATA part.

Since I also have a Silicon Image 0680A IDE Controller, I will plug the DVD to the Controller and see if anything changes.

The only thing I don't want to do is set the BIOS of SATA to IDE mode.

Any hints would be appreciated.

P.S. I have no problem using the same DVD on VMWare 6.0.1 with IDE harddisk.

you could try to burn the image at a lower speed.... I had the same error with the uphuck 10.4.9 v3 disk. Reburnt at 2x and everything worked.

I burn it at 4x speed with the same writer that I use to boot it.

Actually I found that the compatibility list of 10.4.8 and DG965SS is one of those motherboard fail to install.

And as I said, I can get into the install screen and choose language with the same DVD @ Liteon DVD Writer and VMWare on another machine.

Thank you very much, didn't really think of checking the wiki...

Update: So I checked the wiki and my mobo, P5B, is not on the compatability list of 10.4.9.

It is on 10.4.8 though, so I may try to get ahold of that. Thanks for all your help!

you need to have the hard drive set with a boot flag or a master boot record you can do that in Disk utility

Hopefully this isn't the stupidest question of the day, but where do I set that? I can see the "Bootable" information in the partition info, but I see no way to write the MBR or set the bootable flag. Any ideas please?