2600xt ddr4

4 posts in this topic

not ddr3 but ddr4 ..

i am using sapphire 2600xt ddr4 and i will always get the generic blue screen for some unknown reason ..

i would like to know if anyone with ddr4 manage to get this to work , if yes, then i know the problem is not the card

cheers and thanks

• 1 month later...

I also have Gecube 2600XT DDR4, and still no success.i've tried to modify ATINDRV.kext and ATIRadeonX2000.kext and ATIRadeonX2000GA but only manage to get random garbage white screen displayed.If i don't use ATNDRV.kext and ATIRadeonX2000* files, all i have is 1024x768 @32bit with CI software support and no QE, it's been days modifying the kext files but no success.pls help if anyone spotted another how to. (i've used the one w/ NetKas how to, default setup w/ Netkas files turn off the display, after few settings give black blank screen, after further modifying from IONDRVDevice to IOPCIDevice give me scramble white w/ lines to the display)

Uncle_ho, download chaosx86 10.4.10 v5.0 dvd installer from irc, it's http download so it'll only take less than 24hrs if u're on broadband.

if u're using m/b w/ jmicron, i think u need to disable it (mine doesn't auto detect w/ jmicron enabled) and install using usb dvd drive (no problem if u're using SATA dvd drive)

it automatically detect radeon 2600xt ddr4 successfully with CI,QE n Rotation support.

after installation is done, u can immediately enable jmicron to basic.