Sleep Help - Dell Inspiron 9400/E1705

RSanders

3 posts in this topic

Hello all, after coming back I have had some great success with getting everything working but both cores. I understand that there are work around for this issue. The work around being putting the laptop to sleep and waking it back up thus enabling both cores.

I have found several threads about this, and have tried their suggestions and to no avail. Sleep still is not working.

Threads of interest:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=51185

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=15474

I currently have the Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3 Intel Only SSE3, JaS 10.4.8 Intel Only SSE3, XXX 10.4.10 Intel Only SSE3 releases.

I can either

a) get sleep working, and it sleeps, hit the power button to wake the laptop up and I here my SATA hard drive kick in, get my disk activity light but the screen does not kick back in.

:D get no sleep at all with the JAS release using the Semthex Kernel.

I am sadly about to give up again, I do not want to since I got everything working but the wake from sleep =/ If any of you have a Dell 9400/E1705 and was able to get this working could you please try to remember what kernel, release and the different other things you done to get this working? I am not asking for links, I know that is illegal, just some good info so I can continue my searching =/ I see all these people that have gotten it to work but no guide. I plan on writing up a complete guide that works for our systems when done, so it will help others.

Below is my system specs

Name: Dell Inspiron 9400

Chipset: Mobile Intel 945PM Express or Mobile Intel 945GM Express

Wireless Card: Dell 1590 (bought off ebay to take out my intel card)

HD: 80gig SATA

BIOS Version: Dell Inspiron 9400/E1705 System BIOS, English, Inspiron MP061, A09

Graphics Card: 7900 GO 256mg

Dell™ Inspiron™ 9400/E1705 Owner's Manual - Direct Link to the specifications manual

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/syst...s.htm#wp1082923

I have also copied and pasted the system spec readout from dell as well:

PROCESSOR, MEROM, T7200, 2.0, 4MB, DIRECT CURRENT, BURN 2

ASSEMBLY, ADAPTER, ALTERNATING CURRENT, 90W, MOBILE 2007, DELTA - AC ADAPT

CARD (CIRCUIT), NETWORK, MINICARD, 3945ULD, MOW1 -- (i took this out and put in a dell wireless card, wireless works)

CARD (CIRCUIT), WIRELESS, INTERNAL, BLUETOOTH, 355, VSTA

ASSEMBLY, DVD+/-RW, 8X, TOSHIBA SAMSUNG STORAGE TECHNOLOGY, SULLIVAN/TOBAGO

HARD DRIVE, 80G, Serial ATA, 9.5, 5.4, SE080

2 x DUAL IN-LINE MEMORY MODULE, 1GB, 667, 128X64, 8K, 200

CARD (CIRCUIT), GRAPHICS, 256MB, I9400, G71

ASSEMBLY, BASE (ASSEMBLY OR GROUP), 10/100, 9400, DISCRETE

• 1 month later...

Were you able to get anywhere further with this? I just attempted 10.5 on my E1705. I'm new to this but I was able to get to a working installation. I don't have sound or wireless, and have issues with sleep/display also. Just curious if you have any documentation you could post/share with the rest of us Inspiron owners. Thanks!

• 1 year later...