Problem install on Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 - HELP!

joskus

5 posts in this topic

Trying to install 10.4.8/9/10 on a Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 v1.3 and just can't do it. Wondering if maybe it's a hardware problem that I haven't noticed... My setup:

GA-965P-DS3 board

E4500 Core 2 - not oc'd

7600GT xfx

4gb ddr2 800 (also tried /w just 2gb)

sata dvd & usb dvd available

sata 250gb hd x2

I've tried uphuck 1.4i, Jas 10.4.8, kalyway 10.4.10 - nothing working. Bios on the board is F11. Topmost orange SATA seems to work best for HD, installing w/ USB dvd drive. Last install w/ uphuck went smooth and seemed fine - I selected sata drivers, intel install, and titan. After install Finder keeps constantly crashing or directly after booting I get a Black Screen of Death - black scrolling screen telling me to restart my computer. Any ideas - pretty stuck here.....

:P

I could install 10.4.10 on my GA965P DS4 by DVD sata on ICHR8 controller(1st orange) and HD on Gigabyte sata controller(purple), and in bios I configure ICH8 in IDE mode and gigabyte controller in AHCI mode. All work well.

I've tried uphuck 1.4i, Jas 10.4.8, kalyway 10.4.10 - nothing working. Bios on the board is F11. Topmost orange SATA seems to work best for HD, installing w/ USB dvd drive. Last install w/ uphuck went smooth and seemed fine - I selected sata drivers, intel install, and titan. After install Finder keeps constantly crashing or directly after booting I get a Black Screen of Death - black scrolling screen telling me to restart my computer. Any ideas - pretty stuck here.....

;)

Try installing with nothing checked other than the necessary OS files and kernel. You can always add video etc later. Have you tried using Natit v02 as opposed to Titan?

Still having trouble. I thought repairing permissions had worked, because I actually had the system up for about 3 hours - and then a BSD again when I tried to shut it down. Upon trying to install uphuck I now get this error:

post-8244-1191600878_thumb.jpg

If I boot to HD it will normally panic within 5 minutes or so...

Haven't tried installing with only system files. And I've only tried Titan, but will try Natit.

...aaarghhhhh.......

Tested my 4gb of memory and 1 1gb stick was bad - pulling that and my install went smoothly with no errors.... So far so good.....

Still having trouble. I thought repairing permissions had worked, because I actually had the system up for about 3 hours - and then a BSD again when I tried to shut it down. Upon trying to install uphuck I now get this error:

post-8244-1191600878_thumb.jpg

If I boot to HD it will normally panic within 5 minutes or so...

Haven't tried installing with only system files. And I've only tried Titan, but will try Natit.

...aaarghhhhh.......

I've had my system up for a number of days now and so far no problems. Does anyone know if sleep is possible with this system (I believe S3)? Any way to slow the clock down in 10.4.9 - seems to be running fast.....