DVD Discs not recognized after 10.4.10 update

chrispc88

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I hope this hasn't been posted before and I just missed it - but I've had my hackintosh up and running for several months with no problems with versions 10.4.8 and 10.4.9. I recently updated to 10.4.10 and everything is working but I just found tonight that it will not mount DVD discs to the desktop. The discs show up in Disk Utility, but they don't show up on the desktop. CD's seem to work fine. I have a Sony 16x DVD-R,RW,DL,RAM (basicaly everything) drive. Intel core2duo cpu @ 2.13Ghz, Intel 950 chipset. Not sure where to start, since I've never had to load a driver for any CD/DVD drive on a Mac OS.

Hey - the problem corrected itself. I had rebooted a couple times - switching between Windows and Mac. This morning I had a DVD Movie in the drive when I rebooted, and when Mac OS X loaded, the disc showed up on the Desktop as it should. So I popped it out and tried a couple others from the other night that I know weren't working - and sure enough, they all worked (Movies and Data Discs). So I'm not absolutely certain what caused the problem, but if anyone experiences this again, try putting in a movie in the drive and rebooting. BTW, I had rebooted a couple nights ago when I made this post with a DVD Data disc in the drive, and that didn't work.