Hardware to USB?

majorgar

3 posts in this topic

Hey, Just found this forum and the posts are great! I have a problem where my XP bootcamp tries to load my internal keyboard/trackpad/Bluetooth/IR devices as a USB devices in XP. Those four drivers always fail to install and the devices don't work in XP at all!!!. All wWork fine in Mac partition. Anybody know how I can get XP to try to install these as devices instead of USB? Used to have parallels, but I think I removed it all. See attached screenshot. Happy to send more info.

Thanks!!

Macbook Pro 17/2GB , 160GB

80GB partition: XP ProSP2 bootcamp 1.4

80 GB Mac OSX10.4; bootcamp 1.4

post-138553-1191090066_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I did not realize the macbook pro internal keyboard was an HID/usb device. I would think it would be under the keyboards in the device manager. I did burn the cd and tried the install several times: fails every time due to a fatal error. The bootcamp keyboard drivers from 1.4 just refuses to install. I uninstalled all of the drivers did a repair on XP and tried the bootcamp drivers again, still all four failed due to a fatal error. I ended up using Input remapper to bandaid the problem for the keyboard. I actually really like input remapper, so I am not going to worry about the poor bootcamp 1.4 keyboard driver. I think the issue may be due to something "parallels" is did to my system during an earlier crash. It seems like it configred my bootcamp windows configuration like the parallels configuration; perhaps a hal.dll corruption?