Is this common with Jas 10.4.8 installs ?

mactheripper

4 posts in this topic

I recently installed a Jas 10.4.8 for AMD/Intel SSE2, SSE3 on my T42p laptop and couldnt get either PCMCIA or wireless to work. When I researched a little, I found out that I had to replace certain kext files to get them to work.

Upon going into the /System/Library/Extensions folder, I only found 'IOPCIFamily.kext' files.

I did not find 'IOPCCardFamily.kext' or the 'IO80211Family.kext' files under that folder. Is this common to have these files missing as part of the install or did I screw up something on my install ? Everything else seems to be working well with my hackintosh though..

Any thoughts ?

Thanks for the reply TCG.

I did get my PCMCIA working - referring the the post - http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=0&p=456398

I was confused as some kext files werent present when I tried to replace them with the ones mentioned in the post and didnt know if this was normal. I am currently configuring a WCP54G (Linksys Wireless G Adapter Card) and will update on how it goes soon. If I can get my wireless working, I should have a pretty much complete install.

Btw, does bluetooth work on T42 ? Ever since the PCMCIA started working, the Bluetooth which was working earlier, does not work anymore. Any idea why ?

Thanks.

MTR

Thanks for the reply TCG.

I was confused as some kext files werent present when I tried to replace them with the ones mentioned in the post and didnt know if this was normal.

Btw, does bluetooth work on T42 ? Any idea why ?

Yeah, I ran into the same issue of some kexts not being there and some being replaced. I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of what extensions are installed initially and which are not--we are talking a hacked OS here, right? It may just be that Jas or whomever made the install DVD left some kexts out and some in.

As far as bluetooth, I have a D-Link bluetooth dongle that I used to use with my G5 tower that seems to be working even after I got PCMCIA working. Do you have IOBluetoothFamily.kext & IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext in /System/Library/Extensions?

Thanks for the update. I'm always glad to hear about other T42 OSx86 installs!