Acer 5570z sound speakers, headphones, mic

4 posts in this topic

Hi people,

I have an Acer aspire 5570z which has the ALC883 sound card (Intel High Definition Audio). Previously I was only able to get speakers out (with no mic or headphone) with the AzaliaAudio.pkg installation package, or headphone, microphone, line in (with no speakers) with the ALC883Audio.pkg package from (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=36520).

What i realised today (by chance) is that when you install the ALC883Audio package, you can choose the "customize" installation option which allows you to choose which one to install. The default is ALCInject and 3Port. I changed the 3port to 6port (not digital). Rebooted and running AudioMidi setup everything is there :P

I hope this will be of some help to others. Have a go if u have an acer laptop with the initially described problem.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi people,

I have an Acer aspire 5570z which has the ALC883 sound card (Intel High Definition Audio). Previously I was only able to get speakers out (with no mic or headphone) with the AzaliaAudio.pkg installation package, or headphone, microphone, line in (with no speakers) with the ALC883Audio.pkg package from (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=36520).

What i realised today (by chance) is that when you install the ALC883Audio package, you can choose the "customize" installation option which allows you to choose which one to install. The default is ALCInject and 3Port. I changed the 3port to 6port (not digital). Rebooted and running AudioMidi setup everything is there :)

I hope this will be of some help to others. Have a go if u have an acer laptop with the initially described problem.

Did you run into any problems when installing uphuck??

I had problems with V1.3 which lead to a com.apple...bootlist.plist not found (or something like that) when u do a reboot after installation. Otherwise 1.4ir3 is perfect. I havent upgraded to 10.4.10 as the current setup runs quite well.

Its a shame the onboard NIC and wireless aint working, otherwise it'd be the perfect hackbook.

• 5 months later...