Hardware Choice and OSX release to use.

5 posts in this topic

Ok here goes what I am going to use after much reading.

Intel D975XBX2KR Badaxe 2

Core 2 Duo E6420 or E6600

M-Audio Revolution 5.1 - for logic studio

What would be the best video card mid range to complete? Nvida 7300GT or Ati HD 2400?

What would be the best realese to install?

Thanks in advance for for any help.

Dave

One of the nice things about the Badaxe2 is that it will run just about anything you throw at it from 10.4.6 on up. JaS, Kalyway, XxX_OSx86, and Uphuck all run extremely well with very little patching necessary. I would also upgrade to at least the 7600 gfx card. There is a whole thread somewhere in this forum devoted to the M-Audio Revolution.

Ok here goes what I am going to use after much reading.Intel D975XBX2KR Badaxe 2Core 2 Duo E6420 or E6600M-Audio Revolution 5.1 - for logic studioWhat would be the best video card mid range to complete? Nvida 7300GT or Ati HD 2400?What would be the best realese to install?Thanks in advance for for any help.Dave
Hi there, I'm in the same boat as you (looking to build a PC for Logic 8). But I own an M-Audio FW410 which I have tested on 10.4.8 and it worked and sounded better in PT MAC than PT windows. Any who, if you get this done before I do, please report back on how the system works. I hope in the future to buy an older G5 and use the pace reseter on a Logic 8 Node setup..-Thanks
One of the nice things about the Badaxe2 is that it will run just about anything you throw at it from 10.4.6 on up. JaS, Kalyway, XxX_OSx86, and Uphuck all run extremely well with very little patching necessary. I would also upgrade to at least the 7600 gfx card. There is a whole thread somewhere in this forum devoted to the M-Audio Revolution.
Hi there, quick question. With an NVIDIA 7600GT can I have 2 monitors and stretch the desktop? I would like to use Logic 8 and have in one screen the mixer and in another my instruments and plugs...-Thanks