Can someone decrypt this info please ?

mactheripper

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I am struggling to get my PCMCIA Firewire Cardbus to work on my IBM T42p laptop using 10.4.8 Jas and follwed instructions to have IOPCCardFamily.kext replaced and also IOPCIFamily.kext files from 10.4.4 version. I do see that my OS now shows the Firewire Controller under its PC Cards section. However, when I plug in my camcorder into the PC slot, iMovie doesnt recognize it.

I captured a screen print of the output from the command - 'sudo dmesg | grep PC'. Can anyone please let me know if the output is pointing a problem or sorts ?

Here are the images from my machine. Please help......

Thanks for all the help folks.

Regards,

Sonu

post-132912-1190687417_thumb.png

post-132912-1190687430_thumb.png

SUCCESS !!!

Guys, I got my PCMCIA card to work finally....Follow this thread if yo have an IBM T series laptops.

I bought and used a ADS Tech Pyro 1394 DV Firewire Cardbus which has a VIA OHCI Compliant 1394 Firewire Controller chipset on it. In my opinion, the 'IOPCIFamily.kext' and 'IOPCCardFamily.kext' files are most important - not the hardware itself..

iMovie '08 now recognizes and capture the video from my Canon Elura 100 Mini DV Camcorder. I even tried connecting my iPod and it works.

PCMCIA Card details for IBM Laptops

Good luck folks... :)