Leopard on a QuickSilver?

QS867

2 posts in this topic

I realize that this kind of topic is probably being beat to the ground everywhere but I figured I would ask anyway. :censored2:

I have a 867MHz G4 QuickSilver with 1.5GB of RAM. I don't really have the money to buy a new system so I was wondering if anyone who has a similar system (or perhaps slower) could inform me as to just how well the latest builds of Leopard are actually holding up overall.

I ask this because I noticed that Apple is saying that 867MHz is the 'minimum' requirement now.

If Leopard is going to run just as fast as Tiger does I will be happily upgrading.

I suppose I shouldn't get my hopes up too high though considering the age of the system ;)

From past experiences and Apple's history of each latest version of OS X running more efficiently then the previous, I wouldn't have a doubt in my mind that it will run just as well, if not better than Tiger, on your Quicksilver Powermac.

This will not be the case for all older macs, however. I would say that if your mac is meets or surpasses the requirements for Leopard, there's very good chance it will run just as well, if not better, than Tiger or any previous release of OS X would on that same machine.

The code in Leopard will be more polished and optimized than ever before. Apple has had more time to work and tighten the code with Leopard.

I would obtain a spare hard drive and install it on there. See how it runs, if it runs well, keep it. If not, either go back to Tiger or get a more up-to-date mac :(

Peace