Delta 1010 audio

2 posts in this topic

I've been able to install OS X 10.4.9 beautifully. Everything seems to be working fine, however, I have an M-Audio Delta 1010LT sound card, which is natively supported under Mac OS X, should work right? So I downloaded the drivers from M-Audio and installed, rebooted etc. The driver package installed a new system preferences utility but when trying to open it to change the settings for the sound card I get the Preferences Error dialog box, and the bellow message in the console:

2007-09-24 08:58:35.859 System Preferences[261] *** -[NSBundle load]: Error loading code /Library/PreferencePanes/M-Audio Delta Family.prefPane/Contents/MacOS/M-Audio Delta Family for bundle /Library/PreferencePanes/M-Audio Delta Family.prefPane, error code 2 (link edit error code 0, error number 0 ())
2007-09-24 08:58:35.859 System Preferences[261] [NSPrefPaneBundle instantiatePrefPaneObject] (/Library/PreferencePanes/M-Audio Delta Family.prefPane): principalClass is nil.

any ideas? I sort of thought that since the card was already supported, it would install without a hitch.

Edit:

oh yea, Intel Celleron D processor if it matters.

Hi, The Delta 1010 is a PCI card, and is not supported in OSX86. As you can see it's not marked universal on the M-Audio site. Get a firewire card and preferably not M-Audio! :-)

Mike

I've been able to install OS X 10.4.9 beautifully. Everything seems to be working fine, however, I have an M-Audio Delta 1010LT sound card, which is natively supported under Mac OS X, should work right? So I downloaded the drivers from M-Audio and installed, rebooted etc. The driver package installed a new system preferences utility but when trying to open it to change the settings for the sound card I get the Preferences Error dialog box, and the bellow message in the console:

2007-09-24 08:58:35.859 System Preferences[261] *** -[NSBundle load]: Error loading code /Library/PreferencePanes/M-Audio Delta Family.prefPane/Contents/MacOS/M-Audio Delta Family for bundle /Library/PreferencePanes/M-Audio Delta Family.prefPane, error code 2 (link edit error code 0, error number 0 ())
2007-09-24 08:58:35.859 System Preferences[261] [NSPrefPaneBundle instantiatePrefPaneObject] (/Library/PreferencePanes/M-Audio Delta Family.prefPane): principalClass is nil.

any ideas? I sort of thought that since the card was already supported, it would install without a hitch.

Edit:

oh yea, Intel Celleron D processor if it matters.