Connect to windows share?

LeeMack33

1 post in this topic

OK so I have a MacBook Pro 10.4.10 with all updates installed. I've got a windows 2003 server in an Active Directory, and I've already modified the local security policy settings to disable the password stuff, and when I go into the connect to server and type smb://servername/sharename I get a password prompt for the AD and I put in the correct credentials and it comes back with "Could not connect to the server because the name or password is not correct." So then I go to network/domain/servername and click on connect, I get "The alias "servername" could not be opened, because the original item cannot be found." I am going out of my :lol: mind here. I've spent 2 days trying to figure out wtf is going on. I installed {censored}-X's patch found here, http://tinyurl.com/3ylhtn and nada. I changed the security policy of the domain and nada. I even tried changing one of the files in etc to say none for no secuirty on the credentials and removed it. Since I am bald, I've resorted to ripping out my eyebrows. The share on the server name is not a default share, the server has multiple shares that are accessible from different PC's with the correct permissions. Need to connect to the windows server so I can publish my iWeb site to the server. Can anyone help out here? :wacko: