Problem Partitioning Harddrive

greekgoat91

4 posts in this topic

Every time I try to shrink my Windows drive to make room for a partition for OSx86 I get an error.

I've used Acronis,a nd Partition Magic, and also used Chkdsk /f to try and fix the problem

I think...

Acronis Says:

Information Mismatch in Directory Entry

and

PartitionMagic Says:

Invalid Partition size

can anyone help me out?

try with gparted, if it dont work, downlaod the ultimate boot cd and try to scan your partition with some tools. After try again.

*Both gparted and ultimate boot cd are disk image that you have to burn as disk image

**Gparted is available in the Ubuntu live-CD in system; administration; gnome partition editor, if you can download this one, you will get more out of your cd, but it is a bigger download.

Also, can you describe more about your overall system? Windows Vista or XP? NTFS or FAT32? Motherboard and chipset? Do you have only one disk with one partition currently? Are you trying to partition the disk from within Windows or by booting from an external cd or other disk? Thanks.

Also, can you describe more about your overall system? Windows Vista or XP? NTFS or FAT32? Motherboard and chipset? Do you have only one disk with one partition currently? Are you trying to partition the disk from within Windows or by booting from an external cd or other disk? Thanks.

ntfs

windows xp

tried from windows: got errors

tried from gparted: {censored}ed up my drive and had to use the installer disk to fixboot and chkdsk /p

still cant partition it