Uphuck 10.4.9 never boots.....what's wrong?

digitalunderground

4 posts in this topic

I just installed the Uphuck 10.4.9 DVD onto my Dell 5150 yesterday night and the installation itself went well (I think) - no issues. But when it came time to reboot, all I got was the Darwin startup and command line screen to boot the OS and it wouldn't even boot into 10.4.9.....all it did was stay on the same command line screen. So I rebooted my machine and tried to do a -S at the 'boot:' command line and...nothing. Same thing. Rebooted, tried to do a -V, same thing. Then I tried booting Windoze so I selected it and that worked. This installation was done where I formatted and installed 10.4.9 over a working 10.4.6 install since this 10.4.9 had SO MUCH MORE on it than 10.4.6 (including M$ Office). So the machine has been on OSX86 and all working........just on 10.4.6 JaS install. Also, I selected the Intel Kernel support (since my machine is on an Intel SSE3 processor) when I was setting up the install.

What's the deal here? What went wrong with the install? What do I need to do to make it boot OSX86 10.4.9?

Thanks in advance for your help with this - Insanely Mac Rules!

I have a similar issue. I've tried 1.3 and 1.4ir3 with successful install but when i reboot i get kernel panics, so i install the patches from the cd that it {censored} about and then i get to a point where it just says kernel panic but wont tell me why. JaS worked fine for me but would randomly lock up sometimes so i thought uphuck .9 would fix it.