Help with disk volumes and display resolution

KAdamsInCo

1 post in this topic

I am running OS x86 10.0.7 in VMWare. I have two questions:1. The file system that was created (/dev/disk0s1 mounted on /) is only 5.4 G in size, with 2.5G free. I need to either expand this volume or add another. How do I do that?I did use vmware-vdiskmanager to expand the virtual disk to 30 GB, but now I need to know what to do in OSX to use the additional space. My preference would be to expand / but I would also be willing to add another volume to take up the new available space.2. Running under VMWare my only display option is 1024 x 768. My laptop runs in 1440 x 900 and when taking OS x86 to full-screen mode I want the resolution to be at the higher 1440 x 900. I did run Fedora Core 6 under VMware awhile back and recall a way to change a file which provided additional resolution options for the VM display adapter. Is there a similar file I can modify under OS X to gain a higher res screen under VMware?My apologies if this is not the right forum for these questions......Thanks,-KCorrection: I'm running OS x86 version 10.4.7, not 10.0.7.Thanks,-K