ATI X800 in OSX

4 posts in this topic

Okay, I installed this device and have set up a dual boot with XP. I can't, however, get the card to work with CI and QE etc. and after reading some guides, I'm still completely in the dark as to how to get this to work. I wanted to play some Call of Duty 2.

I've tried all the guides so believe me.. either I'm doing something wrong or the guides are wrong because it still won't work for me!

The card is an Asus X800 128Mb with the device ID as 0x554f (from memory, I've turned the computer off out of frustration!)

Can someone walk me through this? I wouldn't consider myself a beginner with computers and problem solving, but this is really baffling me! It has another 48 hours before it's sitting on my table and the GMA950 is going to take over again.

Alright, I tried this http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/ATI_Install

I used 10.4.5 kexts because the newer ones didn't have the entries he spoke about when viewing them in HexEdit.

When the system boots all I get is a black screen with a mouse cursor. I booted into Windows to move the Radeon 9700 kexts to stop them loading at boot and I'm back to square one again.

I'll try again with some newer kexts.