My Experience with OSX86 Tubgirl 10.4.10 Install

Sapam

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I did an install of OSX86 Tubgirl 10.4.10 yesterday and I want to share my experiences.

I went for the following partition scheme:

80GB ATA ( 74.5GB actual ):

- 15GB [NTFS] Windows XP

- 50GB [Mac Ext Jour] OSX Tubgirl 10.4.10

- 9.5GB[FAT32] for data exchange from mac to xp

80GB SATA ( 76GB actual )

- 36GB [NTFS] Windows Games/Programs

- 40GB [Mac Ext Jour] Mac Data ( to store my mac stuffs )

80GB SATA ( 76GB actual )

- 76GN [NTFS] Data ( it contains all the Possible data i have, iso's , drivers, installer )

Note: As My OSX installation can detect SATA i can read data from the NTFS partition and my MAC Installer also lives there)

How I did it: ( I have PS2Keyboard and USB Mouse, my USB Keyboard went for repairing )

1) I nuked all the partitions i has in my IDE HDD during my XP installation and then created a partition of 15GB(NTFS) and installed XP in it.

2) Then, in XP I created the other two primary partition in my IDE HDD: 50GB & 9.5GB

Note: I couldn't format the 50GB with FAT32 as you can't format a 50GB Fat32 partition so, i kept it unformated.

3) Put the OSX installer CD in and booted.

- 1st boot - 45mins only see the apple screen and the spinning lines.

- I rebooted after a complete shutdown (power off), even disconnected my SATAs ( coz' i was too paranoid :) )

- 2nd Boot - used -v to see the vervose and after 20 mins got in the installation menu ( phew... i was damn happy )

4) Opened the "Disk Utility" and Tried to partition the 50GB.

- Tried formating to OSX : Gave error that i don't have hte previledge to do so"

- Then, tried formating it to FAT32: Gave error that FAT32 don't support formatting high capacity.

- Then, formated with UNIX: worked this time

- Formated with Mac Ext Journal: worked again :censored2: !!! i did that twice....

5) Continued with the installation and choosed the following options:

- Languages: Deselected

- ...NV40: Selected

- ...X11: Selected ( i think i don't need that )

6) All went well until now... and i know the problem coming after that:

- I have PS2 Keyboard and USB Mouse and I know i can't get my keyboard to work unless i modify /etc/rc

- I Booted with Jas installer ( it loads up faster ) ... Nooooo .... the key board didn't work with the Tterminal.

- Did complete shutdown and rebooted... Again.. keyboard not working..

- I used the TubGirl installer and booted ... booted faster this time but no keyboard.

- Did a cold reboot and hit my keyboard keys again and again during the OSX installer bootup was displaying the messages. Just to see if my keyboard is working. And.. it worked... i got my keyboard detected. Also found the /etc/rc in the Volume where i installed OSX.

- But where is the text editor? i couldn't find any text editor pico, nano etc... Damn... i was loosing my head. I tried running nano from the Mac Volume but gave some error.

- Ran to my sister's home and borrowed her PS2 mouse

- Now booted into OSX with PS2 mouse and PS2 keyboard. All wnet fine.

- Once inside OSX I opened the terminal and modified the /etc/rc

sudo nano /etc/rc

# Near the end before the "exit" line I add the following lines:

kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIn/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

kextload /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIn/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

Now, i rebooted with PS2Keyboard and USB mouse... and all worked....

I am glad it worked :thumbsup_anim: .... but no sound