Multiple PCI-Ex Graphics Cards?

3 posts in this topic

Has anyone had any luck with multiple graphics cards?

I have tried various combinations of all sorts of cards with negligible success.

At present I am running an ATI X1950XT, and it is wonderful... but I have this third 22" LCD that has no home at the moment... heheh

I have a lame X1300Pro that on its own works okay to drive one of the three monitors, but if I install the X1300Pro alongside the X1950XT I get weird errors with just the X1300 and it won't go (though the 1950 stays happy-as).

I'd be happy with references that anyone has gotten dual graphics cards working... Three times 22" monitors would be far better than two, and I'd be delighted to run down and buy two that would work.

:-)

I've only heard of one success. Its on the osx86scene forum, under the Natit (macvidia) parts. I forget who did it, but as I recall it was two identical nVidia cards not in SLI. However, don't let that deter you from trying.

Stevo

Thanks Stevo,

I suspect it is a bit sensitive about different cards being installed, so I have opted to go ahead and order another X1950XT (strangely tough to locate)... I'll let you know when it comes in.

I've only heard of one success. Its on the osx86scene forum, under the Natit (macvidia) parts. I forget who did it, but as I recall it was two identical nVidia cards not in SLI. However, don't let that deter you from trying.

Stevo