install fails and asks me to restart

toxicityj

4 posts in this topic

I've got the Mac OS X 10.4.8 JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE 3 install DVD.

I get to the install wizard and set up my harddrive, select it, etc., etc. and begin the installation. About a minute into it though (after the DVD check), the installation bar dissapears and tells me I have to restart the computer because the install failed.

I've got the folllowing set up:

Gigabyte GA-M55SLI-S4 motherboard

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 42000

3 gig of RAM

GeForce 7600 GS

I checked the compatibility list and everything seems to be compatable (unless I missed something).

anyone know what I need to do?

Not exactly sure if the DVD check actually works on patched installs. If you have a lot of blank DVDs available you could try burning the image again at a slower speed. I had a similiar problem with the Tubgirl 10.4.10 because I burned the disc @ 16x. I burned the disc again at 6x and I didn't have a problem. Then again, I "Skipped" the DVD check both times.

I tried that, but it didn't work. What i did was rip the ISO from the disk and reburned it on another (since this disc is months old and I've long lost the original ISO) and it gave me some "cannot find blah blah" message when i try to boot from it. So I just redownloaded the iso.

Now I start the installation and at about the same time it used to tell me to restart, it just restarts w/o a prompt. and i burned the disc at x8