Buying a new MacBook

Phluxual

2 posts in this topic

Hi, all.

I've been thinking about buying a MacBook for the last few months, but never gotten around to it. I'm back in school now, so I'm looking for something to replace my current notebook.

I've heard stuff about MacBook Pro laptops with LED screens, but nothing about new regular MacBooks. Is there going to be an update to the MacBook?

I'm a little hesistant to purchase a MacBook (or Pro) right now because it seems that they're are EOL. I noticed that the MacBooks aren't even a highlight on the Mac page on apple.com. You have to scroll to the bottom and click the text link. Seems to me like they aren't trying to push them.

Firstly, should I wait for an update to the MacBook before I purchase? Secondly, do you think that the difference between the MacBook and MacBook Pro (I'm looking at the cheapest one in the Pro lineup), is enough to warrant purchasing the Pro?

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure they're going to update both mb and mbp in november. If you need a laptop now, just buy it. I don't think it'll be a huge upgrade other than santa rosa based, new intel GMA X3 something, and maybe led backlight. You should wait at least until leopard comes out so that you'll get the new os instead. Leopard would make the current hardware even faster when it comes out.