Uphuck 10.4.9 1.4i R3

casw1000

4 posts in this topic

Hello, after much trying to build my homebrew Hackintosh and forever getting a blinking cursor when using uphuck 10.4.9 universal, I decided to download 10.4.9 1.4i R3, I don't have the blinking cursor anymore and have hit another stumbling point. I have reinstalled many times trying different patches etc, so any help and guidance would be fantastic.

My hardware.

Asus V3-P5G965 barebone - Based on the P5B-VM

1gb pc5400

Intel Q6600 @ 2.7Ghz

WD 74GB Raptor 10k sata

DVD/RW samsung Sata

LAN = Realtek RTL8111B

Audio AD1988

VIDEO - Cannot recall and read the manual which = Intel Ggraphics Accelerator, no model number?

Bios Settings

Audio disabled in bios

All speed stepping, C1E, throttling is disabled. ( i will update with more settings tonight)

Serial ports - disabled

Firewire - disabled

LPT - disabled

JMicron Sata/PATA - disabled

ACPI 2.0 - disabled

ACPI APIC - disabled

OSX 10.4.9 1.4i R3 burn onto DVD+R

I have provided a screen shot of where I get stuck below. If I boot the system and let it do it's stuff, I get the grey apple with a grey spinning circle, nothing else. So I decided to use the -v to see whats going on. I have tried to use both the onboard video using either Intel GMA900 or GMA950, I also have a ATi X300.

The text below is the manual screen shot shows no kernel panic that I can see, but it must (i am guessing) be getting stuck on a driver. ( i have copied out the text as I cannot upload an image)

Thanks for any guidance you can offer. If you suggest installing a patch or somthing, please be specific on how to do this, as I am very new at this. Thanks again.

hi mem tramps at 0xffe00000

PAE enabled

64 bit mode enabled

LPC Bridge Vendor ID 0x0006, Device ID -x2818

PM-Timer port 0x000

Readouts from PM-Timer Read1 0x9b36c9, Read2 0x9b39c6

HPET enabled on your system

enabling INTEL features

standard timeslicing quantum us 10000 us

vm_page_bootstrap: 249435 free pages

mig_table_max_displ = 71

HTT: 4 cores per package; 4 logical cpus per package

Enabling XMM register save/restore and SSE/SSE2 apcodes

ACPI CA 20060421

PASSED! ...maximum protection of commpage set ALL

Copyright © 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993

The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved

using 5242 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

Hello, after much trying to build my homebrew Hackintosh and forever getting a blinking cursor when using uphuck 10.4.9 universal, I decided to download 10.4.9 1.4i R3, I don't have the blinking cursor anymore and have hit another stumbling point. I have reinstalled many times trying different patches etc, so any help and guidance would be fantastic.

My hardware.

Asus V3-P5G965 barebone - Based on the P5B-VM

1gb pc5400

Intel Q6600 @ 2.7Ghz

WD 74GB Raptor 10k sata

DVD/RW samsung Sata

LAN = Realtek RTL8111B

Audio AD1988

VIDEO - Cannot recall and read the manual which = Intel Ggraphics Accelerator, no model number?

Bios Settings

Audio disabled in bios

All speed stepping, C1E, throttling is disabled. ( i will update with more settings tonight)

Serial ports - disabled

Firewire - disabled

LPT - disabled

JMicron Sata/PATA - disabled

ACPI 2.0 - disabled

ACPI APIC - disabled

OSX 10.4.9 1.4i R3 burn onto DVD+R

I have provided a screen shot of where I get stuck below. If I boot the system and let it do it's stuff, I get the grey apple with a grey spinning circle, nothing else. So I decided to use the -v to see whats going on. I have tried to use both the onboard video using either Intel GMA900 or GMA950, I also have a ATi X300.

The text below is the manual screen shot shows no kernel panic that I can see, but it must (i am guessing) be getting stuck on a driver. ( i have copied out the text as I cannot upload an image)

Thanks for any guidance you can offer. If you suggest installing a patch or somthing, please be specific on how to do this, as I am very new at this. Thanks again.

hi mem tramps at 0xffe00000

PAE enabled

64 bit mode enabled

LPC Bridge Vendor ID 0x0006, Device ID -x2818

PM-Timer port 0x000

Readouts from PM-Timer Read1 0x9b36c9, Read2 0x9b39c6

HPET enabled on your system

enabling INTEL features

standard timeslicing quantum us 10000 us

vm_page_bootstrap: 249435 free pages

mig_table_max_displ = 71

HTT: 4 cores per package; 4 logical cpus per package

Enabling XMM register save/restore and SSE/SSE2 apcodes

ACPI CA 20060421

Copyright © 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993

The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved

using 5242 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

From what I have seen in other posts on these forums, it appears the next line is ACPI and then the power saving modes. The following are patches that I have tried.

The following had the check placed in the tick box:

LoginWindow 10.4.4

Remove CPU Power ...

Remove Thermal ...

I have NOT tried to tick the ACPI option. Anybody have any thoughts as to why the boot is getting stuck?

Thanks again.

Colin.

From what I have seen in other posts on these forums, it appears the next line is ACPI and then the power saving modes. The following are patches that I have tried.

The following had the check placed in the tick box:

LoginWindow 10.4.4

Remove CPU Power ...

Remove Thermal ...

I have NOT tried to tick the ACPI option. Anybody have any thoughts as to why the boot is getting stuck?

Thanks again.

Colin.

I think I might have gotten past this point now by rebuiding AGAIN :bag: and this time selecting the patch for ACPI. Still I now have a new panic which I have bumped in the official 10.4.9 1.4i R3 thread, so without going down the road of double posting I will stop now.

Colin.

Hi thanxs for your help and sending me the information about your bios settings...

I think that i have a problem with my sata dvdram... were i boot my cd from.... but any way.

you mentioned to try uphuck 10.4.9 r3 and i found it only on demonoid.com, but i cannot download it beacause in need to register... do you have any ideas??

Thanx

Cor