ext2 / ext3 Error

Eckhard

2 posts in this topic

Hey People,

I downloaded the ExtFS Tool from sourceforge. The Gui doesn't work. But even the command Line says the following:

sudo mount_ext2 -x /dev/disk0s2 /Volumes/disk0s2

kld(): warning /System/Library/Extensions/ext2fs.kext/Contents/MacOS/ext2fs cputype (18, architecture ppc) does not match cputype (7 architecture i386) of objects files previously loaded (file not loaded)

kextload: kld_lookup("_kmod_info") failed for module /System/Library/Extensions/ext2fs.kext/Contents/MacOS/ext2fs

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/ext2fs.kext

load failed for extension /System/Library/Extensions/ext2fs.kext

(run kextload with -t for diagnostic output)

mount_ext2: ext2 filesystem is not available

I think the bold Lines give the point. ExtFS doesn't like Hackintosh. Is there a workaround for this? I mean even CS3 works with the modified ktext :)!

I think you mean ext2fsx. Anyways it looks like you have the old ppc version and not the intel one. Instead download the ext2fsx_dev package (1.4d4) Also I have only been able to mount it read only but maybe you will have better luck. To mount read-only: sudo mount_ext2 -o rdonly -x dev/disk0s2 /Volumes/disk0s2 Make sure that the directory /Volumes/disk0s2 exists first though. Good Luck!