HP DV6000

davidfc849

3 posts in this topic

I have a n HP DV6000 with AMD 64x2. What build, patch do I need to make OSX86 work? I also have access to MacBook restoration discs. For some reason, when I put in the disc I burned of an installation, it says cannot locate Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist has anyone else had this happen? I have 960Mb of RAM, 64Mb Shared Video RAM, and like stated an AMD Athlon 64x2 that supports SSE,SSE2,and SSE3. any help appreciated.

You might want to read through the rather large (currently 13 pages) thread about the dv6000 and dv9000 series laptops: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=41447

Be sure to pay attention to which models people are talking about though, because there are both Intel and AMD models in this series. It would help if you gave the exact model number of your machine, not just "dv6000" because there really is no such model, that just designates the series. You can find the model number on the bottom on the service tag sticker (right next to where it says the length of the warranty). For example, mine is a dv6426us.